The Italian Benevolent Society is the oldest independent Italian Club in the United States. Established in 1881 as charitable institution to aid the Families of the Italian Miners that worked the mines in the Amador County gold mining community. Our club has been in continuous operation for the past 135 years.
The club hosts an Annual picnic and parade the first Sunday’s weekend in June. We have an 8500 square foot recreation hall and 20 acre grounds. Our facility is available for rent and catered events and we offer booth rental space at our Picnic Grounds in June.